Building an ADU has never been easier or cheaper than now!
An Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU), also known as a granny flat or guest house, are attached or detached residential dwelling units, on the same lot as an existing single -family dwelling unit. An ADU must include complete independent living facilities for one or more people. A sleeping area, kitchen for cooking, and sanitation must all be present in an ADU. They generate great rental income, increase property value, and can enhance your family’s overall lifestyle.
A Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU) is a residential dwelling unit that is no more than 500 square feet in area, contained entirely within an existing single-family residence, and can have separate sanitation facilities from, or shared sanitation facilities with, the existing residence.
Cross Construction can help with all phases of building your ADU:
- Civil Engineering / Site Plan & Surveys
- Soils Testing
- Permitting & Fees / Utility Connections
- Building Costs / Schedules / Construction
City of Encinitas has created the Permit-Ready Accessory Dwelling Unit Program (PRADU), which encourages the building of ADUs:
- Offering selection of pre-approved ADU building plans
- Reduce pre-construction costs
- Expedited building permits
The city has contracted two architects to provide eight Permit-Ready Plans. Yvonne St. Pierre, AIA, Design Path Studio, and Bart Smith, AIA, DZN Partners.
The city of Encinitas passed a new ordinance that waives all city development fees and has provided pre-approved ADU building plans.
- EASIER – Multiple pre -approved building plans to select from
- CHEAPER – City Development Fees waived, Reduced pre-construction costs
- FASTER – Expedited building permits, Saved time on planning and design
Design Path Studio:
- Studio – 350 Sf
- 1 bedroom / 1 bath – 555 Sf
- 2 bedroom / 2 bath – 745 Sf
- 3 bedroom / 2 bath – 935 Sf
- Studio – 224 Sf
- 1 bedroom / 1 bath – 499 Sf
- 2 bedroom / 2 bath – 990 Sf
- 3 bedroom / 3 bath – 1199 Sf
Potential Program Savings:
- 3 – 6 Months of planning and design
- Average total savings:
- $10,000 - $18,000